Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Happiness.....in the Kitchen


I love being in the kitchen preparing nutritious and delicious foods. I have a deep feeling of contentment in the kitchen.....more than contentment. Joy.

I love the colors. Organic potatoes in purple, red and white. Orange peppers. Green kale.


I love the smell of onions and garlic. 


I love the sound of the coconut oil sizzling in the skillet


I love the rhythmic sound of the knife chopping the vegetables. Munching on a raw pepper as I chop and mince. Finally the taste test to see if anything else is needed. To make sure the peppers are still a tad crisp, the potatoes are just right....not too hard, not too soft. 


Time in the kitchen, preparing food, makes me extremely happy.






Hearth & Soul Hop

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, when I am in the kitchen, my world just seems right. I call it kitchen therapy. :) Thanks for sharing at Hearth & Soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent 3 hours in the kitchen today cooking... my husband didn't get why. But I guess you do! Its the joy that creating food gives me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AH, I love kitchen therapy! :)

    Penny - I COMPLETELY understand! Kitchen bliss.......

    ReplyDelete