Skip to main content

Eden Ministry


File:Soi Cowboy - Bangkok.jpg
A "Red Light" District in Thailand
In Red Light districts across Asia girls are being exploited, often involuntarily but sometimes voluntarily as these girls come from small villages in hopes to escape poverty. Most of these girls are tricked into prostitution, manipulated and abused. Often these girls feel stuck, stuck in a life they didn't choose, either because they have a pimp threatening their lives or their self-worth has become so low that they can't even imagine having, or deserving, a better life.

Eden Ministry is offering a solution. Eden teams reach out to the prostitutes, offering medical clinics where they can educate on the dangers of STD's and HIV, as well as providing crisis pregnancy care. Shelter, along with counseling, is offered to girls who are ready to walk away from prostitution. 
"Eden serves to restore freedom for the captives of Asia's red light districts through holistic programs- transforming body, mind and spirit. Using our international jewelry business as a platform, we provide career and skill training- empowering women for a new life and future. We continually innovate prevention and outreach programs- transforming entire communities. Eden is a voice to the oppressed, a light to the darkness."
Impressive to me is the extra measures that Eden Ministry is taking. Not only are they ministering to those who are already victims of the sex industry, but they are also reaching out to educate girls, teaching them to watch out for those who may try to lure them in. 

Some of the  women/girls who find shelter in Eden Ministry make jewelry. The profits from the jewelry sales provide an income for the girls as well as covering costs of food and shelter. They have many beautiful bracelets, earrings and necklaces to choose from. Here's just a sample: 
Turquoise Mosaic BraceletTree of Life EarringsMoonstone Necklace


This week a women's event is being hosted at Autumn Ridge Church. A short program will introduce and discuss the impact that the ministries of Deepgreen and Eden Ministry are having on women in China. Products will also be available to purchase. If you live in the Rochester, MN area, I encourage you to attend this event. Although it is free, space is limited so you must register here. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stay-cation: Fun Things to Do Around Rochester, MN

Family vacations are expensive. Gas, lodging, meals...oh, and then there is the admission cost to all the cool things that you want to see. Vacations cost more than a small fortune. Now figure in the loss of income (some of us don't get paid vacations) and you've "broke the bank". Enter the stay-cation. Gas costs are reduced. Lodging is covered. Meals, although still necessary, can be made at home and packed in a cooler. This summer, instead of taking a week off, I am taking a couple long weekends. One weekend we will be traveling "Up North" to visit my husband's college buddy. Otherwise we're keeping our exploring near to home. Another benefit to a stay-cation is a little extra time for home projects. I can keep up with the laundry, instead of having a week's worth of laundry to do when I return home. Isn't that the worst part of vacation - the accumulation of dirty clothes you have to wash after being away from home all week? Gardening ca...

What mama did ~ LOVE

Joining Lisa-Jo in another five minute write. Five Minute Friday is writing without thinking too much and not worrying about the mechanics......just allowing our hearts to speak.  This week we get to choose our own word to describe "what mama did". Mom and Me, Christmas 2011 My mama loved well. Three babies, one of which was born without breath, born well before the young age of 20. I was the first, born shortly after her seventeenth birthday. My sisters followed, arriving two months early before my mother had even turned eighteen.  Mom always told me, when I was old enough to figure out that I was in her belly at the time she married my dad, that they wanted to marry so badly but because they were so young their families wouldn't allow it. So I was a gift. A planned excuse for a wedding. When I got old enough to know that this was probably just a story to ease a young girls insecurities, it was too late. I already believed that I was wanted. I already knew tha...

stripped bare

It's Friday which means it's time to dance and sing (the daycare kids and I have a song and dance to celebrate this glorious day). Friday is also the day in which Lisa-Jo hosts Five Minute Fridays and I humbly join the party of words strung together in five short minutes by a group of fantastic writers. The rules are simple. Lisa-Jo provides the word, write for five minutes flat, no backtracking/editing/over thinking, share your link at Lisa-Jo's, and share the love by reading what others have written. It's great fun and so inspiring. Won't you join us? I promise, you will be blessed! Today's word ~ BARE Lord, I want to be stripped bare.            Strip me of myself so there is more room for you. Strip me of my foolishness, my stubbornness, my selfishness.    Do nothing from  selfish ambition or  conceit, but in  humility count others more significant than yourselves  Phil. 2:3 And to man He s...