Thursday, January 10, 2013

Orange Shower Spray Recipe

Needed:
glass jar, orange peels,vinegar, salt, water and a spray bottle

  • Fill jar with orange peels.
  • Sprinkle a little salt on the peels and shake. The salt will help "release" the oils in the peels.
  • Let oranges and salt sit for 20-30 min. (this is a perfect time to check Facebook while eating the oranges).
  • Fill jar with equal amounts of water and vinegar.
  • Shake and find a place for mixture to "fester" for a week, shaking daily. My favorite brewing spot is the top of my refrigerator. This is helpful in that I see my brews that need daily shaking.
  • Place in a spray bottle and use for cleaning (I use mine for a daily shower spray but this could also be used to clean about anything!)



Brews: orange cleaner, elderberry tonic, and lavender infused olive oil


This all purpose cleaning spray is AWESOME in that it's cheap and easy to make plus the oils from the orange peels give it a subtle orange-y scent......much better that the scent of plain vinegar/water.


spaininiowa
The Self Sufficient HomeAcre

6 comments:

  1. Great idea! I make a similar spray for our chicken coop, and have now started using it in our kitchen, I am going to make up another spray bottle for the shower. I also add vanilla bean and a cinnamon stick, but didn't know about the salt. Great tip!
    Lisa
    Fresh Eggs Daily
    www.fresh-eggs-daily.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can almost smell the orange peels :)
    I would love to have you share this on The HomeAcre Hop!
    http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/2013/01/the-homeacre-hop-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoppin' on over, Lisa! Thanks for the invite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like an easy recipe. Think I might give this a try. I am going to pin this for future reference! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Laurie,
    Thanks so much for sharing this on The HomeAcre Hop! I'm saving my orange peels to try this :)

    ReplyDelete