Skip to main content

Day 4 ~ Learn

So I'm only four days into the challenge and I'm struggling. FOUR DAYS! Usually I start challenges out strong, only to lose momentum about half way through. 
The challenge I speak of is The Nesters 31 Day, in which we write each day in October. I also am joining Five Minute Friday host, Kate Motaung as she's given us prompt words to write on during this challenge! You can read my intro here.
This year a facebook page was started for the "31 dayers" and I'm spending any spare time reading. These women are amazing! Many were having difficulties in making blog "buttons" and others offered advice and some even designed buttons for others. One blogger has posted each day encouraging words. I am loving the community that is developing. I am also loving the wonderful writers that I'm discovering as I spend a little time each day visiting different blogs. I've even started a pinterest category just for 31 Days because there are just too much awesome to cover in my days. 

My word for the day is "learn" and I had it all planned to make a list of the important stuff that I've learned over the years but instead I just kept thinking about all the I want to learn and who better to learn it from than "colleagues" who offer a wealth of information and encouragement. 


Here are a few things I'm looking forward to learning:

Art Journaling - I've been reading Jenn's blog for quite some time and love her sweet, encouraging posts. This month she's given her 31 days to teaching techniques for art journaling. This is something I've been intrigued with but have allowed the little voices in my head to stifle my creativity. 

31 Small Ways to Grow Your Blog because I'll let you in a little secret here....I dream of being able to make a living off writing which would enable me to write anywhere so that I could pursue my biggest dream of living in Guatemala. Yep, in that room with a view

31 Days to Take the Stress Out of Christmas I love Christmas - decorating, festivities, buying gifts for the people that I love but I'll be honest, Christmas often causes me to become stressed out! I've done a pretty good job over the past couple years of simplifying Christmas a bit so that it can be a time of joy but I could always learn a few more tips in this area.

31 Days to Self-Publish Your Book This may come in handy if I ever write a book - another dream of mine. I have the book practically written in my head but only a dozen paragraphs actually written. 

31 Days of Living Well and Spending Zero Less spending means more in my savings which means less stress, possible chance of retirement and maybe even pursuing a few dreams (I'd love to do more mission trips and I'm also dreaming of taking my family on a European vacation for my 50th birthday).

Now I have to get back to my reading, I have a lot to learn..... 



Comments

  1. I feel as though I'm running out of steam for this challenge, too. We can do this!

    Thanks for sharing your list of things to learn, as well as the links. I'm off to check out two of them. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stay-cation: Fun Things to Do Around Rochester, MN

Family vacations are expensive. Gas, lodging, meals...oh, and then there is the admission cost to all the cool things that you want to see. Vacations cost more than a small fortune. Now figure in the loss of income (some of us don't get paid vacations) and you've "broke the bank". Enter the stay-cation. Gas costs are reduced. Lodging is covered. Meals, although still necessary, can be made at home and packed in a cooler. This summer, instead of taking a week off, I am taking a couple long weekends. One weekend we will be traveling "Up North" to visit my husband's college buddy. Otherwise we're keeping our exploring near to home. Another benefit to a stay-cation is a little extra time for home projects. I can keep up with the laundry, instead of having a week's worth of laundry to do when I return home. Isn't that the worst part of vacation - the accumulation of dirty clothes you have to wash after being away from home all week? Gardening ca

Thy Will be Done

Years ago....June 2012 to be exact..... while at the hospital bedside of my daughter , I cried "Heal her!" which was followed with as much conviction, "Thy will by done". And I meant it. The Holy Spirit equipped me to pray for God's will and not my own. The Holy Spirit equipped me to pray that whatever the outcome, he alone would be glorified. photo credit: Tessa Rampersad Since that time, "thy will be done" isn't as easy to pray when going about my normal, everyday life. How was it that I was able to so easily submit the future to his hands when I was facing my hardest days. Not by my power but by His. The past couple of weeks, as I prepared emotionally for the celebration of my youngest's 18th birthday, I've been revisiting this need to release my child into the hands of God. I've spent too many moments wondering if I've done my job in preparing my son for adulthood. I've spent too much time being anxious for his future

What mama did ~ LOVE

Joining Lisa-Jo in another five minute write. Five Minute Friday is writing without thinking too much and not worrying about the mechanics......just allowing our hearts to speak.  This week we get to choose our own word to describe "what mama did". Mom and Me, Christmas 2011 My mama loved well. Three babies, one of which was born without breath, born well before the young age of 20. I was the first, born shortly after her seventeenth birthday. My sisters followed, arriving two months early before my mother had even turned eighteen.  Mom always told me, when I was old enough to figure out that I was in her belly at the time she married my dad, that they wanted to marry so badly but because they were so young their families wouldn't allow it. So I was a gift. A planned excuse for a wedding. When I got old enough to know that this was probably just a story to ease a young girls insecurities, it was too late. I already believed that I was wanted. I already knew tha