Thursday, October 16, 2014

Day 16 ~ Adjust(ments)


I have a habit of changing recipes, making adjustments to use what I have on hand. Sometimes I have success. Sometimes, well, not so much. Today's recipe adaptation was a success! My Pumpkin Muffin in a Mug topped with pumpkin cream cheese "frosting" and walnuts was so yummy! 






Pumpkin MIM (muffin in a mug)
1 T. Almond Flour
1 T. Coconut Flour
1/2 t. baking powder
a "glob" of coconut oil
heaping T. of pumpkin puree
1/4 t. caramel extract
sprinkle of NuStevia
1 egg

Stir all ingredients in a coffee mug and microwave for 1 minute. Top with "frosting" and walnuts.


Unfortunately I didn't measure the ingredients for the frosting. It was something like this:


Equal parts pumpkin puree and cream cheese. Sprinkle of NuStevia and a few generous shakes of pumpkin spice. Mash it all together. 

Another great adjustment today? My attitude. If you read last night's post you may have detected a bit of weariness. Today's lighter work load topped with a beautiful, warm day and a walk with the kids to park was just what I needed (thank you, Lord!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment