Saturday, August 4, 2012

Five Minute Fridays ~ HERE



Every Friday Lisa-Jo invites us to write for five uninterrupted minutes. She provides the word and a rule ~ "Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking."

My Friday writing usually arrives on Saturday mornings when I have the opportunity to write in the quiet of my house. For five minutes I type with no worries of editing, formatting, or any other formalities as I write from the heart. 

This weeks word is HERE. 



Here. That's where I am. It's easy to become discontented with here. My old house which needs repairs. Repairs that time and finances make difficult to complete. But isn't this the old house that I prayed for? The house which God provided. 

A prayer was cried out to God years ago. I prayed for an old house. A house with a dining room in which friends and family could join together to break bread. A house with a front porch in which I could sit on summer days like this one and watch the rain. A house which would provide a room to sleep for my children. A house in which to make memories. 

God answered that prayer. Today I lifted up my praises to the God who provide this. This here. It's  not my current heart's desire as I dream of a hobby farm with acres of land to plant. But it is a place that houses those I love. Today I give myself and my home to a God that cares. God please fill this house with love, fill it with sweet memories, fill my heart with joy as I accept my HERE. Here I am, God and here is my house, use me to do your will. 







I encourage you read what other fabulous writers have created with today's prompt. I am always inspired and uplifted by reading the creations of many amazing writers. 

3 comments:

  1. How easily we become discontent with the Here God gives us...I have done the same thing recently! Good post that I could identify with and am sure others will identify with as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sondie! May you be blessed in God's HERE. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, we so often aren't thankful when we get exactly what we ask for. I love seeing your heart and recognintion of this and overcoming that. Thank you. (Hopping over from FMF)

    ReplyDelete