Friday, April 6, 2012

Super Salad

As I strive to eat well (and hopefully in the process I will also shed a few pounds), my weekday lunches usually consist of a veggie packed salad. I have come to crave my noonday salad. 
Bowl full of lettuce (spring mix), kale and spinach. Dice: one avocado, a handful of cherry tomatoes, a chunk of cucumber and half of an orange pepper.
Top with feta cheese, homemade Italian dressing, pumpkin seeds and slivered almonds. Yum.


Italian Dressing:
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup Wildtree Zesty Lemon Grapeseed Oil
1/4 cup Wildtree Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil
1/4 Balsamic Vinegar
3 T. Wildtree Italian Salad Dressing Mix





Now if only I could resist the "treats" (potato chips, pizza, cookies, etc.) that my husband keeps bringing into the house. It seems I lose weight during the week only to regain it on the weekends. Two steps forward, two steps back.....








1 comment:

  1. Keep motivated. We are trying very hard ourselves to eat more veggies but the once a week pizza and the snacks I accidentally bring home are not helping. Your salad looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete