Skip to main content

Pray for the Children

As a World Help blogger, I had been encouraged to write during the month of September on the topic of Children of War but as much as I desire to raise awareness of social injustices around the world I just couldn't. I haven't allowed myself to do much more than skim news article or blog post regarding ISIS. I'd read "Nearly three million refugees...." and move on to find something lighter to read about or check on my Words with Friends, which happens to be my favorite form of procrastination these days. It was just too heartbreaking and quite frankly I was spending my time being self absorbed in my own problems - my ever growing to-do list, my worries about the budget or finding the energy to accomplish all the tasks set before me. 

Isn't it just easier to ignore what's going on ain  place that seems a million miles away? But ignorance isn't bliss especially when one desires to follow Jesus. God tells me to not to worry about tomorrow but to care for the "least of these".

“Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?" Matthew 6:25-27
 "for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in;  was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’ “Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink?  When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’  And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’" Matthew 35:35-40

I also realized that the statistics, although heartbreaking and overwhelming, are easy to ignore but faces and stories are not. Seeing is believing and as I watched Vernon Brewer's video tears streamed down my face.  I don't want to pacify this heartache anymore with a stupid game on facebook or by browsing Pinterest for home decorating tips.

Restoring Hope to Refugees in the Middle East
from World Help on Vimeo.

I love how World Help reaches out to people in need all over this world. They provide food, water and medical supplies but most of all they are reaching those in need providing LOVE and giving them HOPE! I know, I've seen it in action.  

Read here to learn how World Help is providing humanitarian relief in the Middle East.


Would you consider partnering with World Help to provide for children and families that have been affected by war? 

  • A gift of $20 is enough to provide food and medicine for 1 refugee child for one month.
  • A gift of $120 will provide food and medicine for 6 refugee children for one month.
  • A gift of $1,200 to provide food and medicine for 60 refugee children for one month.
Click here to contribute to World Help's efforts in the Middle East. Regardless if help financially or not, will you please do me a favor? Please don't let the fear of knowing stop you from knowing. Open your eyes to the evil in this world and get down on your knees to pray. Pray for the children that are touched by war, famine, poverty, trafficking, and abuse. 
Children-of-War_FB-Cover

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stay-cation: Fun Things to Do Around Rochester, MN

Family vacations are expensive. Gas, lodging, meals...oh, and then there is the admission cost to all the cool things that you want to see. Vacations cost more than a small fortune. Now figure in the loss of income (some of us don't get paid vacations) and you've "broke the bank". Enter the stay-cation. Gas costs are reduced. Lodging is covered. Meals, although still necessary, can be made at home and packed in a cooler. This summer, instead of taking a week off, I am taking a couple long weekends. One weekend we will be traveling "Up North" to visit my husband's college buddy. Otherwise we're keeping our exploring near to home. Another benefit to a stay-cation is a little extra time for home projects. I can keep up with the laundry, instead of having a week's worth of laundry to do when I return home. Isn't that the worst part of vacation - the accumulation of dirty clothes you have to wash after being away from home all week? Gardening ca

Thy Will be Done

Years ago....June 2012 to be exact..... while at the hospital bedside of my daughter , I cried "Heal her!" which was followed with as much conviction, "Thy will by done". And I meant it. The Holy Spirit equipped me to pray for God's will and not my own. The Holy Spirit equipped me to pray that whatever the outcome, he alone would be glorified. photo credit: Tessa Rampersad Since that time, "thy will be done" isn't as easy to pray when going about my normal, everyday life. How was it that I was able to so easily submit the future to his hands when I was facing my hardest days. Not by my power but by His. The past couple of weeks, as I prepared emotionally for the celebration of my youngest's 18th birthday, I've been revisiting this need to release my child into the hands of God. I've spent too many moments wondering if I've done my job in preparing my son for adulthood. I've spent too much time being anxious for his future

stripped bare

It's Friday which means it's time to dance and sing (the daycare kids and I have a song and dance to celebrate this glorious day). Friday is also the day in which Lisa-Jo hosts Five Minute Fridays and I humbly join the party of words strung together in five short minutes by a group of fantastic writers. The rules are simple. Lisa-Jo provides the word, write for five minutes flat, no backtracking/editing/over thinking, share your link at Lisa-Jo's, and share the love by reading what others have written. It's great fun and so inspiring. Won't you join us? I promise, you will be blessed! Today's word ~ BARE Lord, I want to be stripped bare.            Strip me of myself so there is more room for you. Strip me of my foolishness, my stubbornness, my selfishness.    Do nothing from  selfish ambition or  conceit, but in  humility count others more significant than yourselves  Phil. 2:3 And to man He said, "Behold, the fear of the Lord,